[Disney World] A Walk in the Park Online Sketchbook Adventure & Tour
This class is now self-study.
You will get a PDF right after checkout with instructions on how to access the class.
Are you a returning student or a member of the Happy Place subscription? Please check your classroom to save an additional $10 off the pre-sale price!
We're finally sketching around Disney World! Whether you are joining our "A Walk in the Park" series for the first time or a returning student we hope that you will love the magic we have in store for you as we travel through ALL FOUR of Disney World's amazing resorts. We'll sketch the plains of the Kilimanjaro Safari, we'll be mesmerized by the Pandora foilage, we'll sketch sweet treats on Main street and capture the essence of parades, we'll soar over Paris, shrink to the size of a toy and play with our crayons, traverse the highest peaks, delight in the flavors of the world showcase, and oh so much more! Experiencing it all from the tip of our paintbrush.
We believe that EVERYONE is creative! No matter your skill level we welcome you here! We believe in art with a little "a" and we'll leave "Art" with a big "A" up to other people. We're here to experience joy as we create, we want to cultivate a spirit of PLAY in our art and we can help you feel that way too--we hope you will join us!
What You Should Expect with this Adventure:
- Class starts on September 21st and content will be released over several months. You get lifetime access to it all!
- 3-LIVE Zoom calls with art demos (TBA). Can't make a LIVE call? Don't worry they will be recorded for you and available in the classroom.
- Disney World history, journal prompts, videos and samples for each of the 4 theme parks.
- A BRAND NEW watercolor section with updated tips and techniques
- Videos from Tangie, Dave & Sammy Baxter! The videos include basic and advance watercolor methods, start to finish sketchbook pages, "fast" working pages and so much more!
- Techniques on how to move past that "blank page fear" and get started!
- Learn to work faster and let go of perfectionism and self-doubt in your artwork
- How to approach drawing from photographs, including Instagram and Google searches
- Tips & tricks on simplifying complex scenes into easier to manage shapes and colors
- Downloads and digital goodies for you to print and use in your journals
- PLUS! Guest Teacher Brittney Leavitt will be teaching her Kawaii style for the NEW Toy Story land at Hollywood Studios!
What You Should Know Before You Join:
- You will get an email with a download link. Please download the PDF and follow the instructions to get access to the classroom.
- This class will start on September 21st, 2018 and will release several lessons a month until we get through all the parks.
- This class is perfect for the novice (you do not need ANY prior drawing experience), right up to the most advanced sketchbook artist who wants to explore Disney in a whole new way.
- You will have lifetime access* to the class to work at your own pace. You can join at any time and still get ALL the content.
What Supplies You Will Need to Participate (More details will be included inside the classroom, there may be additional optional supplies):
- A Watercolor Journal (I prefer 120 lb watercolor paper)
- Watercolors of your choice, you can even use Crayola if that is all you have right now! I will be using mostly Prima watercolors because they are so perfect for travel.
- Paintbrush (I use Niji Medium Size Water brush and SNAP brushes)
- Black Waterproof pens (I love Signo Uniball 153)
- Ink Joy Gel Pens by Paper Mate
- Caran d'Ache Neocolor II (optional)