January 2018 Retreat No. 7 at Disney World
“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
I want to invite you to a retreat that focuses on the magic of Disney as a place born of determination and imagination. Many people have had huge dreams but Walt Disney took action and moved forward in his. We can learn many great lessons from the dreams he brought to life. Become a child again and enjoy Disney like you never have before, documenting the “magic”, art journaling style. Join me as we slow down, notice the small details and are swept up in the energy of innovation, invention and creativity. You may even find a huge boost of inspiration and encouragement to follow your own dreams.
The very basics of what we’ll be doing:
We will be sketching and watercoloring right inside the Walt Disney World parks with our travel sized art journaling kits, focusing on the magic of the parks (you DON’T have to know how to draw, I promise!). We’ll also be collecting “collage fodder” (receipts, bags, tags, stickers, cute napkins, maps and postcards…anything you want) to incorporate into our journals. We will show you quick and easy ways to make an art journal full of memories on the go that you can apply to any situation in your life.
Dates for the workshop:
- January 22 (Monday): Exclusive dinner & art party with Tangie and Mindy
- January 23-26 (Tues-Fri): Live Workshop at Disney World, Orlando Florida
This is a unique opportunity to share our love of art and/or Disney in a whole new way with like minded people!
5 Day Workshop (& Art Kit with Journal) $495* includes these magical adventures:
MONDAY: Meet the Artists--Dinner & Art Party Celebration
- Monday, January 22nd from 5 PM-9 PM.
- Come hang out with your hosts Tangie & Mindy as we dive right into the art the very first night! You can watch us work in our own journals and see how we create our Disney pages. Plus, we'll host live painting demos during the party that you won't see anywhere else! We'll also have practice pages, art challenges and of course, a delicious dinner included! Do yourself a favor and come play, we know this is going to go down as a student favorite!
- You will receive an exclusive gift
- We will have a Q&A time for you to ask Tangie and/or Mindy any questions you would like about working as full time artists, business, social media, teaching, workshops etc. You will even have the option to email your questions before we go, so that Mindy and I can make sure we are prepared to answer you fully
*We're so excited to be able to offer this workshop for $100 less than last time! Returning student? Make sure you check your email for your returning student discount!
TUESDAY-FRIDAY: 4 Day Art Journaling Workshop at the Disney World Parks
- Tuesday-Thursday during park hours,1 park per day
- Friday-Journaling party at a Disney hotel and "Disney After Hours" optional party! (You will need a "Disney After Hours" ticket to attend this, these special tickets from Disney will sell out, so the sooner you purchase yours the more likely you are going to be able to secure one)
- Mindy and I are excited (more like THRILLED) to be able to spend time at "The Most Magical Place on Earth" with YOU as we share our favorite memories, tips, tricks and attractions! We LOVE the parks, and feel so much joy while we are there and hope we can share our joy with you.
- We will have scheduled group events, demos, journal challenges (with prizes for everyone), optional assignments, attraction meetups and more.
- Sketchbook walk each day (these are not vigorous walks, and there will be benches along the way). Tangie will demo right inside the parks how to art "on the go" with her famous "15 minutes or less" pages.
- Four other live demos right inside the park are included and two of them will be with our amazing guest artist Mindy.
- We'll also be on hand during scheduled journal meetups to answer your art related questions and help you troubleshoot any issues you're having in your journals.
- We want to talk to you about your dreams, goals and ideas for your life or business. Art has an amazing capacity to help us accomplish great things, share with us your thoughts and dreams, and we will cheer you on as you work on some of these in your workbook throughout the park.
We love happy, positive students who understand that sometimes schedules need to be adjusted due to crowds, weather and group health. We love students that can make the most of such an amazing opportunity to be together. We are committed in every way to a workshop environment that fosters kindness, respect, understanding, and is free from gossip and profanity. It's all about the incredible magic, and we want our students to have an amazing experience with amazing people!
Please note: We highly recommend you take our "A Walk in the Park" online class before you arrive. If you haven't taken this class yet, you will receive a 50% off coupon as a registered/paid attendee to take this class before you come.
Also includes these amazing goodies:
- Online access to our retreat No. 7 backstage "green room", exclusively for our registered attendees! It includes “before we go” information, FAQs, packing lists, challenges & page samples. This is not a techniques class, we encourage you to take our "A Walk in the Park" course before you come for in-depth watercolor instruction and methods.
- Exclusive 2018 “Art Journaling the Magic” zine style workbook printed in full color
- The official “Art Journaling the Magic” ultimate travel journal kit! It includes one of Dave’s hand-bound Golden Book Art journals which are made with 140 lb watercolor paper (your choice of cover!), your very own set of watercolors, black waterproof pens, a selection of Caran d’nache neocolor II watercolor crayons, washi tape, glue stick and more!
Please note that we anticipate selling out this workshop very quickly. We've also added a payment plan for this Disney World retreat you can pay 1/2 now to secure your spot and 1/2 by December 15th, 2017, there is a $15.00 fee for this service. (If you have a very specific need we can try to work with you, please email us).
Join us for our Monday night art party and 1 day of your choice with an art kit & journal $295*
This "locals only" package includes these magical adventures:
- Join us for the "Artist's Night" party Monday, January 22nd from 5 PM-9 PM with a special gift from Tangie & Mindy
- And 1 day of your choice (Tuesday - Thursday) to sketch with us at the Park
- Includes a full art kit and Golden Book Journal by Dave & other gifts/surprises!
Questions about this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We highly recommend you take the entire workshop to get the most out of it, but this option is available.
* Returning student? Make sure you check your email for your returning student discount!
Hotel is not included. Please feel free to stay in any hotel of your choosing, there are so many great choices for every budget. If you need a recommendation or help finding a hotel we're just an email away email@example.com.
You are responsible for getting your own Disney World park ticket. You need a 3 day 1 park per day ticket AND the "Disney After Hours" ticket if you are attending the whole workshop. We leave acquiring tickets up to you as you may want more days at Disney than we are planning (for example going to the park Sunday or Saturday). If you need help choosing a ticket that is best for the workshop please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can email us your questions to email@example.com and we'll be happy to help you within 24 hours Monday-Saturday.
Q: Should I come alone or bring my family?
A: We highly recommend you come alone. We have seen the huge difference in experiences between those that come with their families and those who come on this adventure by themselves (or with a friend). When you come with your family you are constantly being torn in two (wanting to be with the group & wanting to be with them). Of course, it can be done, but we want to give our honest opinion. We promise if you do come on your own you won't feel lonely or awkward! There are new friends to make and if you've never been to the park by yourself, you're actually missing out on a really neat experience.
Q: I would like to find a roommate to share hotel expenses can you help me?
A: We can't guarantee to find you a roommate, but you will be able to post in the "backstage" area that you are looking for one! You can always let us know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you're looking for one as well; it may help us put you in contact with someone else that we may know is looking. We'll do what we can to help, but ultimately it will be up to you find/choose a roommate that will work for your situation.
Q: I have health issues and I'm not sure I can keep up?
A: We understand and we want to assure you that we aren't doing the park in the "traditional" style of racing from one place to the next. This adventure is about slowing down and soaking up the magic of the parks. There are also breaks for free time so that you can rest all you need. (Or, if you are a "racer" you can race around all you want during free time.)
Q: I haven't been to the parks in years, are we going to visit all the attractions?
A: If you haven't been to the park in a really long time we highly suggest that you come a day early or plan on staying a day late if you can, this way you can make sure you see everything you want! We do visit some of the attractions as a group (and take sketchbook walks), but our main purpose is to journal and enjoy the park's magic. There is scheduled free time for you to visit your favorite attractions as well. (We usually go on Pirates, It's a Small World and watch some of the shows together as these are conducive to groups.)
Q: Are you going to be able to help me draw better, I have anxiety of my ability as an artist?
A: The answer to this one is tricky! We will be able to teach you how to conquer that blank page and get started, we'll also share tips and tricks with you on how we journal at the parks (and basic technique, of course). We'll also do our best to spark your imagination and get you excited to draw! However, there is a certain amount of practice required (it takes time to build your talents). Your pages will be AMAZING because you are a unique person, but they may not be what you consider "perfect" your first try. It's part "jump in and try" and part "jump in and keep trying" that really makes you a better artist. We have ALL levels of artists join us; from stick figures to full realistic portraits, everyone is welcome and we will do our best to help you with your specific needs/questions. The group is very supportive of each other and I am confident that those who "let go" and just enjoy the process instead of stressing about the results have the best time at these retreats!